Blogs > News-Herald Wishing Tree

The News-Herald Wishing Tree is a place for the community to share their wishes during the holiday season. If you'd like to share your wish for the tree, email your name, city of residence and wish to tellthenh@gmail.com, or call 440-497-0858 and leave a message. Your wishes will be added to the tree, and wishes may be published on this blog, on News-Herald.com, through our social media accounts, and in The News-Herald's print edition.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wishes from Ledgemont

I received this note from Carol Leikala, art teacher and Project Love adviser for Ledgemont High School:
Hello Cheryl,
Inspired by your e-mail we created our own wishing tree with handmade ornaments created by our students, along with their holiday wishes. Attached is some of our wishes for the New Year.

Below are wishes from Ledgemont:
  • I wish for less violence.
  • I wish for a white Christmas.
  • I wish for a bully free school.
  • I wish for world peace.
  • I wish that every girl, one day, finds the man of her dreams.
  • I wish all the military comes home for Christmas.
  • I wish my dad wouldn't smoke.
  • I wish for world hunger to end.
  • I wish I could spend Christmas with my dad. He's a marine, so he's gone.
  • I wish everyone has a great Christmas.
  • I wish every soldier gets to come home and spend Christmas with their families.
  • I wish Cleveland has a championship season!
  • I wish everyone has a happy, safe holiday.
  • I wish for a great Redskin basketball season!
  • I wish for continued support for the Ledgemont community.
  • I wish the Ledgemont School levy would pass in May!
  • I wish our club volleyball team does really good!
  • I wish everyone would just be happy.
  • I wish wishes would really come true.
  • I wish for a fun, exciting winter.
  • I wish for a new car.
  • I wish my family could be one again, instead of being out of touch.
  • I wish our basketball season does well! GO SKINS!
  • I wish I could ride the bus to school.
  • I wish people would stop hitting my hummer!
I'm so thrilled that our project has inspired these students to create their own wishing tree. I hope all of their wishes come true.

-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home